Owning a small business requires a number of daily expenses, such as office supplies, business lunches, and other business-related costs. Keeping track of all of them while keeping them separate from your other expenses can be quite a challenge. This is just one reason a business credit card is a smart idea no matter how small your business is. Your accountant will also appreciate it come tax season.
A business credit card will allow you to easily keep your business expenses separated from your personal expenses. This will be extremely useful when it comes time to prepare your taxes – your accountant will thank you.
Additionally, a business card can carry a number of other perks. Some allow you to earn rewards, travel points, and even cash back on certain purchases. What are you waiting for? Take a look at these top four picks for business cards in 2016 and start keeping your business and personal expenses separate today.
Overall Top Pick
The overall winner for the 2016 business credit card of the year is the Chase Ink Cash, combining a 0 percent introductory APR for 12 months on purchases and balance transfers with incredible cash-back incentives and rewards. You can even apply for extra employee cards at no additional cost.
Top Pick for Intro Bonus
- For the first $25,000 you spend in combined purchases on office supplies, cellular phones, land line phones, cable and Internet services each year, you will receive 5 percent cash back.
- Earn 2 percent cash back for every $25,000 spent annually at restaurants and gas stations.
- Receive a $300 bonus when you spend $3,000 on combined purchases at any time in the first three months.
If you plan to make a large purchase or numerous purchases in the first three months, the Capital One Spark Cash for Business card may be for you.
Top Pick for Travel Rewards
- Receive a one-time cash bonus of $500 after you make $4,500 in purchases within the first three months.
- Earn 2 percent cash back every day on every purchase.
If you’re looking for a card with great travel rewards look no further. The Chase Ink Plus was designed for you!
Top Pick For Cash Rewards
- Receive 60,000 points when you spend $5,000 in the first three months. That’s an incredible $750 in travel rewards!
- Earn five points for every dollar spent on the first $50,000 on office supplies, cellular and land line phones, cable, and Internet services.
- Receive two points for every dollar spent on the first $50,000 spent at gas stations and hotels.
- Earn one point for every dollar spent on all other purchases with no limits.
If you’re looking for a card with great cash rewards, the SimplyCash Plus business credit card from American Express is the card you want.
- Spend at least $5,000 in qualifying purchases within the first six months and receive a one-time bonus of $250.
- Unlimited cash back rewards.
- Earn 5 percent cash back on wireless phone services.
- Receive 3 percent cash back on a category of choice and 1 percent on all other purchases.